Monday, September 10, 2007

NOISE! Beautiful NOISE!

I love me a positive response, which is just what I got when I came home and opened my email. Now, mind you, it isn't any sort of guarantee, but it's something lovely that I can re-read.

So I'm excited, but I am trying to stay as calm and as removed as possible. This could be a great week. I'm reading tomorrow night and potentially on wednesday, as well, in my local-general-area. I'm nervous about it. I feel though that I'm starting to put together the life I always wanted, instead of just swallowing fragments of my pride, which, by the way, I smashed apart at an early age. Historically, I've been so embarassed by my persona that I just kept quiet. Now I'm a little louder. I'm almost quiet. Not quite.

I am full of not-yet, the constant process of creating something new. Something I can live in. Gimme shelter, and so forth. I've had shelter for years, it's just been full of holes. But now I've constructed something I'm proud to stand under and call my own. And it's just getting bigger.

Watch the colors come forth when I open my mouth. It will be all fire and light. This is what I dream. Not-yet-what-I-do, but a girl can dream-and act on dreams- until the thing has materialized out of the pieces you found, broke apart, smashed. This is what glue is for. The creation of noise. Meaningful, beautiful, remarkable, insightful, stupid noise.

1 comment:

January said...

Your poems have stayed with me today. Thanks again for stopping by my blog.

Hope to see you soon at the next Cornerstone event.