Tuesday, September 25, 2007

When is liftoff?

I'm not overwhelmed. Yet.

It's amazing how busy you become when you decide....to be busy. I've gone to readings at least once a week for the last three weeks; tomorrow, I'm going to a concert (how will I make it through Thursday? I don't know. I will work all day, I think, and then come home and sleep), a charity walk on Saturday, and attending another reading/lit event on Sunday. After that, there may even be another show I want to go to.

All this, and I'm working on putting together a new literary magazine. Most details are worked out. The name is still at large.

However, more than you think -- or maybe not -- goes into a venture like this, particularly when between only 2-3 people. More than that, we are divided between three states: Massachusetts, California, and Florida. Has there ever been such distance?

However, I'm confident it will work, and more than that, it will succeed. Because I said so. I'm the mom. We're all the mom.

Things are coming together, but all at once, which I can't say I'm used to. It feels wrong to push for different kinds of success all together in a ...life? Month? Year? I dunno what the time frame is or should be.

The best thing is, though, that I'm not afraid of failing or hearing "no" or making mistakes. Those are things I can do, I have done, and I will do again. And so will you and you and you. And all of you. That's what we do.

I can't wait to launch this baby. I can't wait for the flames and the structural support to come cascading down at liftoff.

No comments: