Sunday, August 12, 2007

Propulsion of Time.

This is advancing.

By this, I suppose I mean everything. Time is progressing, primarily, faster than I can.

I have eighteen poems in the works. They are not total pieces of crap, as some efforts tend to be. However, I really need about 150 pages of poems to get going.

I have a dream job: editor at a small publisher which is part of a larger publisher. My work is appreciated.

From time to time, I consider several things: graduate school. moving. a shift to fiction.

All those things interest me, but I really feel that I need to focus. Writing daily -- even if it's just herein -- will certainly help me solidify my collecion of publishable work. And, certainly, the support of particular friends -- Kristin, Alexis, her mom, and Marybeth -- will help propel me. It does propel me.

However, I feel as though certain things -- like a complete body of work -- should have been completed by now. I was somewhat waylaid -- by disease, financial burden, exhaustion and my education -- but these are not excuses. They are facts. I am moving now. I just wish time hadn't passed so quickly.

The best I can do right now is to chase time. It's uncatchable, but the pursuit is forceful and worth the effort.

1 comment:

Elena said...

There are moments when time seems to be going far faster than our pens can write, our fingers can type and our imaginations can carry us. And I do sometimes feel left at the station by the train. Rather frequently, I might add. But as our work grows, we will have something to show for ourselves very soon. I have to and do believe this.

And I do find that writing on these simple online pages helps get the creative juices flowing! And that’s the most important thing. To keep those “little gray cells” flowing.