Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Were we supposed to start a band today?"

Yes.

My friend MB asked me that yesterday. But really, we are flexible human beings and can handle putting it off until thursday.

I've been toying with simple tunes on the piano, and stretching the vocal chords in the car, which, frankly, is the best place to do it -- it's encased, climate-controlled, and heavily upholstered. Vocally-Absorbent.

I don't know where this going to go. It might just be us, messing about with instruments and yelling alot. That's ok. I'm ok with that.

I'd like to get at least one song done, and fairly soon, so we have a sense for how we want to proceed. Like a rough draft.

I'm fairly excited, because this is a new start.

In the meantime, I wish I could do a better job supporting my poor dear Kristin. She's in a....poop patch. Literally. The septic system at her place of residence imploded, and there is sewage everywhere.

But she is waaaaaay down there in the south, and I am waaaaay up here in the north. Sigh.

Such is the story.

No comments: