Sunday, August 26, 2007

Time's a-wastin!

Today I have things to do.

Namely:

I must get some groceries. Not a lot. Just a little.

I must write at LEAST three new drafts for poems. I'd also like to get jumping on some short stories, or, at least one.

I need to make some food for the week.

I need to schedule in time to exercise. I really, really need to do that.

This past week has been interesting. I've been reading all about Alexis' life in Moscow during the coup, which was fascinating even without the photographs.

I also had a formal review at work, which went exceedingly well. My boss told me that I have really powerful writing skills, which was just a wonderful thing to hear; it was extremely validating.

My company also had a beach party for its employees; so at noon on Friday we shut down and drove to the beach in town (I work on the N. Shore of MA; lots of beautiful beaches nearby). It was part of a large estate known as the Crane Estate (visit http://www.thetrustees.org/pages/4130_crane_estate.cfm for info on this stupidly beautiful place), which is a giant castle surrounded by beautiful grounds and even more beautiful beaches -- they are really unspoiled, which is why unless you are part of an event or a member, you have to pay a fee to enter.

There was food and alcohol; many of us, including myself, shed our inhibitions and went swimming. It was nice to know (of course) that I was not the only woman completely insecure about being out in public among the people who I report to professional in coverage about equivalent to my underwear. Mhm.

It was fun. My friends and I carpooled over. We had a lovely time.

Yesterday, I went out and bought a dress for my friend's wedding. It is a black with white polka dots empire-waisted get-up, with a ribbon at the waist and a black netting detail at the bottom of the skirt, which is otherwise a-line. It is tea length, with straps. I love it. You'll love it too.

I may try scanning some old family photos today. We'll see how that works out.

So much to do! So little time!

No comments: