Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Predictions & Facts

So, I was right. Today sucked a little. This morning I felt like I couldn't read. As if I was going blind. I tried to write a new article, but only completed the research. However, I did complete a huge chunk of another project, so that's something.

I've been hot and tired and sick-feeling all damn day. My blood sugar is finally down -- I had to change my pump. I don't know what its problem was. It all seemed so kosher. Something was amiss, certainly.

I went to the Salem Writer's Group event at Cornerstone. I didn't read, but I was happy that Marybeth did. She read the poem I love, about the museum -- its permanence in history, and the world moving forward -- literally coming undone -- in front of her outside. I love that poem.

I heard a lot of other really great stuff tonight. Totally impressed, really, by everything I heard. I loved every second of it, even if I felt like I was dying inside from oppressive body heat. Ugh. Coupled with hot chocolate. Not a good idea.

I announced the launch of the review, as well, and handed out flyers that called for submissions. A few people took stacks to distribute to others, which made me so happy. I hope we get more responses.

The bad news is that one of our craigslist ads was flagged and taken down. So sad. Oh well. There are other ways to advertise. As was proven this evening. :)

I think it's ice cream time.

No comments: