Saturday, October 20, 2007

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

Yesterday.

Yesterday I felt terrible. I went to work, with the intent of toughing it out. Worse, my blood sugar would not go down. So I think I must have caught something.

Because my pump doesn't seem to be delivering enough insulin, I change it. Still nothing. The site is perfectly fine.... is it the insulin?

I try a shot. It does nothing.

Insulin it is. Why? I don't know. So I opened a new bottle, took a shot, which worked, and reattached my pump. That is the stupidest thing, bad insulin. There's no way to protect against it. It was a new-ish bottle, so I'm not sure what the problem was. But regardless, it didn't work. I started to feel better around 330.

Today.

Again, I woke up with very high blood sugar -- I'm not sure why. Once I bolused enough it came down -- and I felt better. So I adjusted the nighttime basals. Hopefully that will help.

I hope to start my running program tomorrow, pending that i wake up not feeling like total crap. While my blood sugar is down, my stomach is bugging me; I don't want to risk aggravating any problems by going out. So I'm staying in today/tonight. I feel bad, because I was supposed to go to a show tonight. What can you do.

I am very excited about tomorrow. I hope it goes well.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll practice reading a little; hopefully work on writing new material; hang out with donnie; and then, it's reading time. I'll be reading with January O'Neil and Jarita Davis.

I am very excited.

No comments: