Monday, October 1, 2007

Take Two

Of

Hello My Name is

Hello, My Name Is
Of No Importance
I Apologize in Advance
For Any Inconvenience

This is simply circumstance
this is merely happenstance

My name
is no more
than
one sound
My name
is less
than
a single beat.

When the tides break
down on the earth
stop and think
of the worth
you painstakingly assign
to every damn thing you
find.

my name is no more
than a cent. Less than
a meter.

You can only hear it.

But my name
is of no importance.
Again, I am terribly
sorry
for the inconvenience.

When the hurricanes
attack your coast,
don't name them
for me. Choose
instead the names
of politicians and pundits
celebrities and athletes

the ones who
choose to have
their names abused
because their
existence
is


so named.



(thank you webspace for being pen and paper when the tangibles are absent)

No comments: